Monday, July 14, 2008

July 2019


39 years ago this week people first landed on the Moon. If all goes well, 50 years later they will do so again. Our new Spacesuits have been added to this latest (3:37) video, along with the latest version of Altair. The Orion service module has been slimmed down to save weight. The crew is shaking and rolling in their seats because Orion/Ares vibrates like an organ pipe. With all the money spent on these machines, they could use some real actors for the audience to relate to.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think maybe the Altair should have a grand sweeping staircase to the lunar floor instead of that chintzy little narrow steep one. I mean how much are we spending to get there, just to seem kind of trashy? While we're at it, the new moon suits maybe could incorporate a bustle and floor length petticoats.

5:38 AM  
Blogger nige said...

That means my parents have been married for 39 years. I always forget their wedding anniversary! I can't remember whether it is actually 16 July 1969 itself, or a day before or a day after. They actually missed watching the moon landings on TV because of it!

1:02 PM  
Blogger Kea said...

I missed watching the moon landings because my mother put me to bed, in the middle of the day. Maybe that's why I decided to become a physicist, although I have no recollection of it.

3:14 PM  
Blogger L. Riofrio said...

I hope we all get to see Moon landings on live TV soon, if we do not go in person. Perhaps we'll watch from a Space Station!

Kea: Thanks for mentioning me in your proposal!

4:40 AM  
Blogger Harry Leo said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page